Thinking about adopting? We have so many wonderful dogs to choose from!
Here is what we look for in an adoptive home:
- Does the adopter have a suitable home?
- Fenced yard/ safe area for the dog to run
- Dog will be kept indoors
- Dog has a comfortable place to sleep
- Adopter is financially able to care for the dog
- Plan for house-training the dog using positive training methods
- Dog will receive proper medical care
- Dog will be a family member, not a security guard
- Dog will not be left alone excessively long
- Dog has comfortable place to stay when family is at work
- Adopter has a veterinarian
- Depending on the dog, home does/not have other dogs in the home
- Depending on the dog, family does/not have children in the home
- Protocol to keep ticks from the dog
- Adopter is of legal age to adopt
We do not ship dogs. Please come to the shelter to meet our adoptable dogs. Before choosing a dog, you’ll want to get to know them, and make sure their personality is a match for you.